1simplemann

E bay bids

I'm trying to figure this E-bay stuff out. My favorite jig head color is being discontinued. I found some on E- bay. I had the highest bid. It disappeared. I couldn't find a record of it anywhere. It didn't say you were out bid, you were the highest bidder, nothing zippo. It was like I hadn't even bid on it or it was even ever out there for bid.  I figured it was me or something. Anyway I bid on some other stuff. some I won and some I didn't. I looked back and some of the same jigs were for sale but a different color that i also like. Still a good deal so I bid again.  I've been the highest bidder for the last 3 days. I checked before i went fishing tonite and I was highest bidder. I come back from fishing and it's gone again! Same seller. Can't figure this out. Was there a minimum bid and he pulled it? I've had a lot of luck on those jig head colors and they are both discontinued this year. 

Did you check your email? With eBay, I always get an email update whenever I am outbid, have won an item or when I pay for an item, and also one to confirm shipping. 

Some sellers do this if the bid isn't what they want. I believe it's technically against the rules. Next time, bookmark/favorite the specific item on your browser. Use the bookmark to navigate directly to the page instead of relying on eBay to do it for you. If the auction's canceled it disappears from your watch list.

If you'd like, PM me the details. I have no interest in bidding on jigs on eBay, and have no interest in bidding against you for anything. I would be happy to help you watch, though. Also, there are ways to look at canceled auctions, but it's to detailed to try to explain to someone just getting used to the system -- no idea offense meant.

I'm curious now, so I do hope you take me up on my offer!

Regards,

Josh

Look In the "didn't win" section. You may have been out bid and  lost the auction. 

Ok I figured some stuff out. I wasn't looking in the didn't win section. BUT yesterday I was bidding on some jigheads that I like. I watched it to the end. The last 5 min the screen said i had the highest bid. Time runs out. Screen says you've been outbid. By .50 cents. I looked in the bid section and it said with 3 minutes left someone else out bid me. Why didn't the screen change and tell me that I was out bid. I would've bid a little higher. I should've increase my max bid but I thought I had it.  Is there some sort of time lapse when your bidding? 

There can be.

Place your max bid. Say the item is at $25 and you bid $50. The item won't sell to you for $50, but rather 50 cents over the next highest bid. It automatically bids for you up to your max bid.

Regards

Josh

I am not sure I completely understand the whole issue but as far as being outbid in the last moments of the auction you might look at things like this.  auctionsniper.com  I have used it many times in the past you can set it to throw your bid in at the literal last 3 or 4 seconds before it ends. It also will automatically bid for you up to your max bid. 

The reason for this is it prevents others from seeing your interested and it prevents a bidding up of the product. That is best for all parties since no one wants to pay more than they have to. 

• Like 1