Ersteman

Douglas Lake Late Fall Fishing Tips. Need Help.

Hi, I'm going to Douglas Lake over Thanksgiving and my brother is bringing his boat, so we're going to go out fishing a few times.  We're staying just southeast of Dandridge close to here:  

1750 Breezie Point Lane
Dandridge, TN 37725

Would you mind helping a few newbies out on the lake on how to locate fish at that time of year and maybe even PM me a spot or area to try.  We're catch and release fisherman, who rarely get time to get together and fish, so if we could catch a few, it would really make our day.  

Based on what I've researched, it seems there's a rock ledge by the 92 Bridge. And Indian Creek is close by, would it be worth a try?   Or is it better to search coves for busting shad?

We're trying to find areas that are relatively close to the address I posted above, as my brother's boat doesn't go very fast so we don't have the whole lake at our disposal.  

I was also going to talk to the guy at the bait shop, but wanted to ask you guys first, as Bass Resource members have always been really helpful and very knowledgeable. 

Thank you for whatever you can offer me.  -Mike

• Like 1

Hey Mike, you are staying across the road from my house. I live on the road directly across 92 from the Breezie Point Rd.  We can stay in touch, and as time gets closer I can help you. The weather/water temp will have a large impact fish activity that time of year as well as water level. The water level will be approximately 40 feet below full pool, and dropping for winter pool, so map study in advance is difficult that time of year. I would suggest trailering your boat to different ramps for access to different areas of the lake. There are many ramps available and easy/short drives. There are some areas near point 2 that are my favorite that time of year. 

Normally shallow running crank baits, rattletraps etc are the lures of choice that time of year, as well as topwater lures. Wet weather can muddy the water quickly so the correct colors can make a big difference(chartreuse). Wind can muddy it as well since so much bank is bare. Crank bait wise be prepared to fish as deep as 10-12 feet but will probably more shallow.

We can meet when you get here and i can mark some areas on your map and direct to the best launch for the area you want to fish. PM me as time gets closer and we can make plans to meet or give directions......Al

• Like 1

Perfect Al, thanks!  Can't believe you are so close to where we'll be!  haha.  I'll touch base with you as the time gets near.  In the meantime, stay cool.  And thanks for your service.  -Mike

I would also be prepared to fish some jerkbaits if you find some schooling fish.