dsqui

1989 jason bass boat

so i came across a 1989 jason 18ft bass boat with a trailer and a 150 merc.  the motor runs.  the guy wants $800 for it. yes i said 8 hundred. its in PA and im in IN so its about 8.5 hours to get out there and another 8.5 to get back home so the trip will take 2 days and a stay in the motel plus gas.  im guessing all in all it will be right around $1000 to get there and get home after gas and motel.  what do you guys think is it worth it.  what are these boats really worth ive never heard of a jason before.  also keep in mind ild be going to get the boat with the intent of trying to resell it to make some money since i already have a 2004 bass tracker pro team 175 with a 2008 50 hp merc on the back with power tilt n trim.  thats alot of driving and time invested to only make a couple hundred so im hoping to hear that the boat is worth a lot more then what hes asking.  really ild love to hear its about a $4000-$4500 boat.

pictures of the boat are in the pdf file im tryin to fig out how to get them on here out of the pdf file

Book3.pdf

Looks decent. What part of PA is it in. I live in MD and we have some other members that would take a much shorter run to look at it if you wanted them to.

i actually spoke with the gentleman tonight and he dropped his price down to 600 and swears the motor was just gone through at his local marina and all was a ok so sounds like ill be making a road trip next weekend.  if anyone has any idea what this thing may be worth or anything i might want to look for when purchasing an older boat ild highly appreciate it.  i have a compression checker so that is one thing that will be checked

Go read an article a friend of mine wrote about buying a used boat.  During his wrtiting of this article he learned how to best buff out and how to spiff up a boat to make it sell for its best price. He then goes over lots of details about buying a used boat. All of the "what to look for and what to look out for" type details.  Along the way he spent nearly everyday searching for and purchasing his next favorite bass boat. Go here it is worth your time.

http://www.baybass.com/node/200. He has written the best article I have ever read about buying a used boat.  Let me know what you think after you read it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fishnkamp said:

Go read an article a friend of mine wrote about buying a used boat.Bryan is probably the best stick I have met. During his wrtiting of this article he learned how to best buff out a boat and how to spiff up a boat to make it sell for its best price. He then goes over lots of details about buying a used boat. All of the 'what to  look for and what to look out for" details.Along the way he spent nearly everyday searching for and purchasing his next favorite bass boat. Go here it is worth your time.

http://www.baybass.com/node/200. He has written the best article I have ever read about buying a used boat.  Let me know what you think after you read it.

great read.  i liked the fact that this boat has a motor that he talked about in the article on it.  im kind of amazed he sold his newer ranger and replaced it with an older one which makes me feel a little better about the age of that jason craft thanks fishnkamp for pointing me in the direction of that article

He sold a 17 foot Ranger with a 115 hp on it to get a 19 foot 3 with a 200 hp outboard. The blue Ranger you see in the R71 , 81 , 91 area in the article, is the exact boat I was talking about. He wanted that maroon Ranger 392V Comanche because he can run much rougher water in it. Honestly, if you gave him a choice between a  1994 392V hull and a new Ranger 519 free he would choose the 392V. He has been on most of the Ranger models and prefers the older hull design.