Sign in to follow this  
An Outdoor Guy

Gamakatsu Weighted Hooks

So I got some weighted swimbait hooks from gamakatsu and I realized theres no hitch hiker for me to screw my bait on to. how do I rig my swimwaits on these???

weighted_6.jpg

The hitchhiker fell off on that one, or someone took them all off. Those hooks come with hitchhikers already on  them. But like Torn Thumb mentioned, you can buy them. 

I rig my swimbait without a hitchhiker. Just start like you are texas rigging the swimbait. Once you made a hole in the nose of the swimbait that comes out the bottom simply put the eye of the hook through it. Insert the eye up from the bottom hole and out the nose.  Add a little glue and then rig it like you would with the hitchhiker.

• Like 1

If you bought them at Walmart it wouldn't surprise me if someone opened it and stole all the hitchhikers. Most of the spinning combos at my local wallyworld are missing the reel handle or just the nut that holds it on.

• Like 1

I think I have seen those on the clearance racks and they did not come with any hitches. I think I even have a pack myself. If I was to use them I would do similar to what Gundog described. 

2 hours ago, S. Sass said:

I think I have seen those on the clearance racks and they did not come with any hitches. I think I even have a pack myself. If I was to use them I would do similar to what Gundog described. 

did what you said and it worked! puts a big hole through the plastic though... the only thing about adding the hitch hiker is that I noticed that the eye is at a different angle than the ones that come with the hitch hikers already on them. complete 90* turn.

1240473_1.jpg

th.jpg

6 hours ago, Gundog said:

I rig my swimbait without a hitchhiker. Just start like you are texas rigging the swimbait. Once you made a hole in the nose of the swimbait that comes out the bottom simply put the eye of the hook through it. Insert the eye up from the bottom hole and out the nose.  Add a little glue and then rig it like you would with the hitchhiker.

These hooks come this way.. And are to be rigged on a swimbait just as Gundog has described.

6 hours ago, Gundog said:

This

those hooks are not missing the hitchhiker, they come the way they are. gun dog described how to rig them without tearing up your plastics. put the hook point through the end the eye goes, remove hook point, insert eye through that hole and then complete the t-rig as normal. the only real negative is once your plastic is tore up from catching a fish or so, then you have to cut it off, re-rig it and retie it