Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

Daiwa Zillow tws

Would like to get one, what's your opinions, got a tatula and love lookijg for upgrade since I have cash to blow 

No Zillion TWS, but have older Zillions and T3's, but I'd like to suggest looking at a Primmus Xi HS for $130.55 from Amazon ($225 from TW) or a Helios Air.  TT awarded the Air its Best Value Award.  Can be found around $245, but I got mine for a lot less.  Here is a review by Gene. 

About half my casting reels are Diawas so you know I like them.  Both the Primmus and Helios Air impressed me from the first cast.

If you want an upgrade from the tatula I suggest getting a used original zillion, tdz, or new sv103 or alphas sv. Tackle tour did a review and teardown of the zillion tws and tatula and they are the same frame and basically the same reel except that the zillion has a little more refined retrieve feel

• Like 1

Just stay with the Tatula, Tatula CT Tatula Type R and Tatula CT Type Rs. They work and last.

Guess I'm just star struck of the 9 gear ratio for frogging. I might just get a new model 

I think that Zillion TWS would be a smart choice for a frogging reel  :thumbsup:  At $180 (at TW) it's a solid deal.

• Like 1

It is a good price if you just really need the 9:1 retrieve speed. I don't frog a ton but when I do the 8 gear tatula type r is plenty fast enough for that. I'm a daiwa guy when it comes to reels. Both casting and spinning. I'm just saying that unless I felt I just had to have the 9 gear zillion, the 8 gear tatula type r is basically the same reel

I found them new on eBay for 170.00  I have 2 frog rods, one I keep dark ones on and one I want to keep natural ones tied. I frog about 24/7 so I always have em  on Dock until, January, then still usually pull one out. I just wanted to geek. Thanks for help guys.