Sign in to follow this  
RedHeadAngler

Carbonlite with Curado 70

I'm thinking about pairing the Curado 70 with the 6'6" ml carbonlite for finesse fishing and lighter lures. Any other suggestions? I'm either going to do this or pair it with the ml Avid X but the carbonlite would save me some money.

That's a pretty decent setup. I would even say a M would be fine, as the action is a little light on those rods anyway. I have a poison adrena with an Aldebaran and another alde on a carbonlite. Both are a joy to fish, and there's not $300 difference between the rods. 

It'll be crazy light and you'll enjoy it. Makes for a nice small spinner bait/ lipless setup as well.

9 minutes ago, bassbassontherange said:

That's a pretty decent setup. I would even say a M would be fine, as the action is a little light on those rods anyway. I have a poison adrena with an Aldebaran and another alde on a carbonlite. Both are a joy to fish, and there's not $300 difference between the rods. 

It'll be crazy light and you'll enjoy it. Makes for a nice small spinner bait/ lipless setup as well.

Do you think i should get the HG or the XG?

4 hours ago, RedHeadAngler said:

Do you think i should get the HG or the XG?

I don't think the xg is necessary, and it's going to be too fast for most applications. If you want something versatile, go with the hg. I use really fast reels (like the xg) for frogging and some jigging, but that's about it. 

A "7" speed is plenty fast for pretty much everything, but it's slow enough you can use almost all baits if you're okay with slowing your retrieve for shallow running cranks, spinner baits, and the like.