Sign in to follow this  
snake95

Deeper Castable Fishfinder Connectivity Issues?

I got a Deeper Castable Fish finder back in February, and it has mostly sat on the shelf.  

It seems like generally a good product, but makes a huge splash when cast, so I reserve it's use for when I'm in a small boat or just trying to get a feel for subsurface conditions and not expecting to do a lot of fishing at the time.

Lately I've been trying it out again.

When it works, it works well, but the connectivity is spotty.

I'm trying to reach their customer support for help, but maybe someone out there has had a similar experience and found a resolution?

Depending on which one you have it might be tough. Their standard fish finder is Bluetooth connectivity, likely Class 2 Bluetooth, which starts getting limited at 32ft, so if yours is out further, it might start getting spotty connectivity. The Deeper Pro and Pro+ are like my Sonarphone - they're Wifi, so the range is considerably higher. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Preytorien said:

likely Class 2 Bluetooth, which starts getting limited at 32ft, so if yours is out further, it might start getting spotty connectivity.

Thanks Preytorien.  Simple lack of range could very well be the problem.   I will play around with it some more and see if it is a distance thing.  In the end, their tech support told me to take one of the two attachment knobs off and to tie to the bottom attachment when casting.  Sounds a little hokey but who knows -- they should know more about it that I do, and I haven't really given their fix a solid try at time of posting.