lbirch14

Lake losing fish.. Fast

I have been fishing at this lake since I was 5. It's tough to even catch a little bluegill, let alone a bass. I've talked to people that go out on the lake in boats that can get the even the best spots and there is nothing. Anyone know a possible reason good fish can just not be in there anymore? The lake has a history of having high acidic levels but I don't think that's the only reason.

There are a lot of reasons a lake would have few fish in it. My first guess would be pollution or possibly somebody intentionally poisoning fish by using chemicals. Without more info on the lake its really hard to tell you what is going on. Does the lake have weeds? Is it abnormally shallow? Is the lake managed by your state? I would start by contacting your state agency responsible for managing fisheries and find out if they know about the problem. 

10 hours ago, Gundog said:

Does the lake have weeds? Is it abnormally shallow? Is the lake managed by your state? I would start by contacting your state agency responsible for managing fisheries and find out if they know about the problem. 

Yes there's so weeded areas and the water level hasn't seem to be decreasing. Like I said the one thing I can think of that would be killing this is the high acidic levels. 

5 minutes ago, lbirch14 said:

Yes there's so weeded areas and the water level hasn't seem to be decreasing. Like I said the one thing I can think of that would be killing this is the high acidic levels. 

Highly acidic water can kill fish by turning ammonium in the water to ammonia. If the PH level is over 7.5 white vinegar can be add to the water to lower the level. I don't know how big the lake is or if its a private lake or public. Again if its a public lake contact your state agency for fisheries. If its private or its unknown who owns it you could take it on your self to improve the fishery. I don't recommend doing anything illegal.