Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Lake Anna private side access?

I have only been there twice now and have not gotten close to exploring the entirety of this huge lake... But now that I know there is a Private/Public side, of course I want to venture into the private side just because it's closed off... I see the power plant has used dikes to section off the cooldown lake from the main lake, but found on the bird's eye view map that there is one bridge where the two sides meet, Moody Town Road... I can't find any great pics on google or bing maps, was wondering if there is enough room under that bridge to get a boat under... I can also see from the aerial views that there seems to be some good current there...

There is no access to the hot side from the cold/public side.  The bridge at dike 3 isn't really a bridge, it's a gate to let the water pass through.  You need to own/rent property on the hot side or know someone that does to get access in a boat...Unless you have a kayak or something else you can launch by hand/shore.  It's effectively two separate lakes. 

• Like 2

Dang. Oh well, I'll find a way in there somehow... ;)

• Like 1

Many of the houses on the hot side are rental properties...Several guys from our club rent a house for a weekend trip at least once a winter.  Prices are pretty cheap since nobody wants to rent a lake house in the winter, except bass fisherman ;).  About the only way to do it unless you're lucky enough to have a connection that will let you use their house/ramp.  

• Like 1

The Cold Side of One Fish Anna is private and the homeowners are protective of the lake.

They do not like big bass tournaments and all ramps are protected by locked gates other than the homeowner ramps.

May I suggest asking if anyone has access to the "cold side" and if so, can you all fish together or could they let you in and out to fish by your self?

I know of a tournament that fishes the "cold side" but they are picky about who fishes and they limit the number of boats and times they fish. So far the lake residents are OK with this setup.

If you are interested I can inquire on your behalf to see if there are any openings if they are still fishing the tournaments. They use bass boats with high powered motors so no kayaks. I have no idea what the entry fee is per boat.

PM me with your email data and I can try to get in touch with the guy who runs the tournaments.

Sam, you've got the 2 sides mixed up...The 'hot' side is the private lake and the 'cold' side is the public lake.  Water temps stay pretty warm on the hot side throughout the winter which is why our group goes there in Jan/Feb.  The outflow at dike 3 between the lakes keeps the lower end of the public/cold side a little warmer in the winter, but nothing like the hot side.  

I don't know of any regular/recurring tournaments on the hotside, but there are tons on the cold side...Our club goes there at least twice a year for tournaments.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Logan S said:

Many of the houses on the hot side are rental properties...Several guys from our club rent a house for a weekend trip at least once a winter.  Prices are pretty cheap since nobody wants to rent a lake house in the winter, except bass fisherman ;).  About the only way to do it unless you're lucky enough to have a connection that will let you use their house/ramp.  

That is a lot better of an idea than my dropping my kayak in at the moody town bridge...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Logan S said:

Sam, you've got the 2 sides mixed up...The 'hot' side is the private lake and the 'cold' side is the public lake.  Water temps stay pretty warm on the hot side throughout the winter which is why our group goes there in Jan/Feb.  The outflow at dike 3 between the lakes keeps the lower end of the public/cold side a little warmer in the winter, but nothing like the hot side.  

I don't know of any regular/recurring tournaments on the hotside, but there are tons on the cold side...Our club goes there at least twice a year for tournaments.  

Yes, you are right. I meant to say the hot side.

Thanks for clarifying.

So what I said about the cold side relates to being the hot side.

Sorry guys.

• Like 1