Travis Gasper

Selfie TriPod for the boat

Tonight at Wal Mart I had planned on buying a selfie stick to somehow mount in my boat for when I'm fishing solo and need to get a picture with a nice catch. Instead, I found a remote controlled tripod for $15 that seems like it could work pretty great. Has anybody else tried this type of setup? I just have a 14' aluminum boat, nothing fancy. 

image.jpeg

You will need to mount the tripod in a place where you can leave it set up the whole time you are fishing. If you have to get it out, and set it up every time you want to use it, your fish will be dead by the time you get your photo. Practice using it at home so you'll know what to do to get good shots quickly.  I have a selfie stick mounted on a Ram mount on my boat that I leave my camera attached to all the time. All I do is turn the camera on and hit the auto time button. I know where to stand to get the best shot. 

• Like 2

I just purchased a bluetooth remote shutter button for my phone.  I plan on making a monopod to go in my rear seat post to hold my phone while fishing alone!

Jeff

• Like 2

I just fish.

10 hours ago, Scott F said:

You will need to mount the tripod in a place where you can leave it set up the whole time you are fishing. If you have to get it out, and set it up every time you want to use it, your fish will be dead by the time you get your photo. Practice using it at home so you'll know what to do to get good shots quickly.  I have a selfie stick mounted on a Ram mount on my boat that I leave my camera attached to all the time. All I do is turn the camera on and hit the auto time button. I know where to stand to get the best shot. 

That was the point of buying the tripod. I know how to not kill fish, I'm no rookie. My question was to see if other people use the same setup.

39 minutes ago, Jaderose said:

I just fish.

And apparently post non-relevant information to a discussion. 

9 minutes ago, Travis Gasper said:

That was the point of buying the tripod. I know how to not kill fish, I'm no rookie. My question was to see if other people use the same setup.

And apparently post non-relevant information to a discussion. 

How will you mount the tripod in your boat so it doesn't move? Those little tripods will slide around. Does the one you bought hold your phone or a regular camera? You don't want your phone falling on the floor of the boat.

2 hours ago, Scott F said:

How will you mount the tripod in your boat so it doesn't move? Those little tripods will slide around. Does the one you bought hold your phone or a regular camera? You don't want your phone falling on the floor of the boat.

I'm pretty handy, it'll be easy to rig something up. Only using it when I'm fishing solo anyways.