the reel ess

Trout Trick

I bought a pack of soft plastics at the beach a few years ago to try for trout and redfish called Trout Tricks. I never used them because I was able to catch founder on Gulp Mullet and quickly gave up on the other species. But I made note that they looked like something a LMB would bite. Well, the bite has been slow at the local reservoir and my buddy told me the bite was very slow and to try a "do-nothing" presentation. I put one of these on a short Carolina rig with a 3/16 oz tungsten weight and the bass ate them up! They weren't responding to reaction baits but they liked these on a finesse C rig jerked off the weedy bottom.Just goes to show you you never know what they'll like on any given day. Sometimes you just show them something they haven't seen. The ones I used were an opaque purple color called mood ring.

Trout Trick.jpg

• Like 2

They look similar (in shape) to my favorite GYCB Shad-Shape Worm baits! I love them for drop shot and/or wacky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darren. said:

They look similar (in shape) to my favorite GYCB Shad-Shape Worm baits! I love them for drop shot and/or wacky.

It occurred to me that these might work well wacky rigged too.

• Like 1