Sign in to follow this  
DrMarlboro92

Second trip to the Chickahominy river.

Today was a good day out on the Chickahominy river. I finally convinced my brother to come again after the SML incident by tricking him into a "family tournament" and he had a blast; There's no way I'll be taking the boat out again without him asking to come.

We got there around 6:30 am which was a little later than I wanted to be there since I only moderately understand how to catch these fish, and that's on a dropping tide. Having missed peak tide (It was at 3am) we only got about 3 1/2 hours of good fishing since the bite turned off for us completely when the tide started rising at 10, although I'm sure someone with a bit more experience could have found them again. We fished Lobb Creek, and our most productive baits were a Megabass Popmax in white python, a rainbow shad fluke, and a Halloween Shadow Rap shallow jerkbait. Nothing we caught was very big, but for those counting (which would be my brother) my brother caught a total of 8lbs 2oz, with a largest catch of 1lb 13oz, and I pulled in 8lb even with a largest fish of 1lb 12.7oz. It was a really good day and even though I still need to figure out how to catch these fish on a rising tide, I couldn't have asked for a better trip.IMG_20161002_091115_810.jpgIMG_20161002_073712_475.jpgIMG_20161002_095503_092.jpg

• Like 3