Sign in to follow this  
Glen Senkowski

Bass Fishing on Roseland Lake CT?

Hi, I just bought a retirement home on Roseland Lake. I have fished all my life but during the last two moves I took a hiatus and currently have no gear or a clue about how to fish on this new lake. Based on what I see listed for fish in Roseland, my favorite type of fishing would be dry fly, but I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Glen

It sounds like a great lake. If I were to retire and live on that lake I would get a good kayak and try everything. But I would start with senkos and hula grubs.

• Like 1

Congrats on the retirement home! I lived in CT my whole life, until this year when I moved to VA.I have a buddy who fishes Roseland a bit. The trout fishing in the Spring can be lots of fun, but the lake is very shallow, and the trout do not hold over well at all, especially this year....very warm summer, and NO rain! I wouldn't be surprised if every trout in that lake died this summer. 

I like BurrStone's idea. Buy a kayak. You can easily cover that whole lake. Pick up a bag of Senkos and cast to structure near the banks. That's a very simple and productive way to get started. 

If you're interested in dry fly fishing, wait until Spring when the bugs typically hatch more consistently. Spring is also when they stock the trout there, and trout eat dries!