Sign in to follow this  
Scorchx1245

thoughts on a 1997 Stratos 201 pro elite ?

Not too familiar with them, I heard this is the year they went to all composite. 200 evinrude vindicater? Looks sharp double axle trailor. Any thought or opinions ?

I have a 98 201pe. I've had it about three years and been very happy with it. I really like the way it rides it rougher water.

I have always heard that some Stratos boats went all composite in 97 and all in 98. As far as I can tell mine has no wood. I would imagine that the 97 201 also is all composite. Someone else might be able to give a more definitive answer though. 

very nice boat. buddy has the same year since new. loves it big roomy,lots of storage,great ride. overall nice boat.

A friend had a 93 several years back, he loved the boat but was getting sick of 58-62 mph fully loaded with his 200 Johnson on it.  I built and modified his motor for him and while breaking it in and then tuning it, I put several hours on it and loved the way it rode and drove.  That's part of what convinced me to get my 20' Javelin.  He loved it even more when I told him to meet me at the lake, it was ready and I needed to show him a little about driving it and he took his first ride in it.  Since it never ran fast enough to chine walk, he knew nothing about driving it at speed and at the 79.6 mph on my GPS with two people in the boat and live well full it was running, it definitely want to chine walk if you didn't stay ahead of it.  It was over a month before he could finally air it out.  

Wow I've never had a boat that broke 50mph lol my nitro does 52 on a good day with 150 Johnson lol hmm