Sign in to follow this  
Bassguytom

Snook fishing in November 11/17 to 11/21

My wife and I are going to Sanibel island for a couple of days in November and I always like to fish while she shells. What should I be using at this time of year? Live bait like shrimp or lures? Can I catch snook on top at this time of year? I hooked into a couple of snook and Reds last time I was there with shrimp but that was in the spring. I don't have much experience fishing here but really like it. Any info. Is appriciated. 

Not familiar with Sanibel but usually they are a little further inland. Not much but some. They may have left the beaches on the Gulf by then but you never know. I'm a little further north in the Tampa area and they tend to move further up into the bay's, rivers, canals.

Everybody says to slow down but I don't buy that. I use artificials only and fish them faster than you would if you were bass fishing.

You might want to check on the red tide. It's pretty bad in some areas.

Also, if you are so inclined you might check out a guide that goes at night. UNBELIEVEABLE ! Google the Mad Snooker.

Snook will hit many of the same lures a bass would hit.

Try using topwaters,jerkbaits,jigs,etc.Bass fishing will never be the same once you have a +40" snook blowup on your topwater lure and peel drag faster than even the biggest largemouth bass are capable of.