Bassun

Where to find 1998 Skeeter SS90 Seats?

Hey guys -- The time has come to refurbish the ole boat.  New Carpet, replace the cracked windshield (if they still make them) and replace seats, etc.  The first problem I've ran into is finding seats that will actually work with the lipped storage below them.  I could have them rebuilt from the foam up, but that's generally more expensive than a new one -- so I figure it would be cheaper to just get some new replacements (and probably be more comfortable too, as these were never that comfortable IMO).  The problem I'm finding, is actually finding seats that fit correctly.  Apparently Skeeter no long has any, considering it's 18 years old, no big surprise --  so I'm looking for folks who have replaced theirs.

If anyone has, could you please let me know where you got them from?  I guess I can probably come up with a few modifications to modify other seats to work, but I would rather find ones that just fit.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

try bassboatseats.com     got a pair from them they worked out good.  lot of options.

I looked there earlier, but the problem I'm running into is the design of the bench seats for the SS90 uses a recessed bottom to go over a raised lip for storage under the seat when flipped forward on the piano hinges.  A flat/flush bottomed seat frame will not work, it needs about an inch recess to allow for the lipping of the compartment.  Most of the seat bottoms I've looked at are designed flush, and wont work.  I'm thinking I will probably either have to cut out a notch to allow for the lip to fit or build a short aluminum mounting plate to raise the seat bottom to be flush with the top of the lip.  My small deck, and seat design require fold down's -- unfortunately, the only fold downs seem to be pedestal mount.

Thanks though, I appreciate the suggestion.  I'm fully expecting to have to come up with some sort of modified mounting system in the end.

Try putting something that's about an inch thick under the flat bottom seat, except where the recess needs to be.  That would seem to solve the clearance issue.  BassboatSeats also does carpet, it's sort of the de-facto one stop shop for the major parts of a refurb.

Yeah, that was almost exactly what I was thinking, seems their carpet prices were fair as well at my first glancing.  I think I can mount two pieces of square aluminum tube in the front and rear of the lips on the boat itself, mounting the piano hinge to the front and allowing the seat to rest on the rear.   From that, I could use any foldable, bench mount seat of almost any size (within reason).  Problem solved.  I just hated to have to do that, if there was someplace that sold seats styled as needed.

Thanks for the input!

On 11/6/2016 at 1:53 PM, Bassun said:

Hey guys -- The time has come to refurbish the ole boat.  New Carpet, replace the cracked windshield (if they still make them) and replace seats, etc.  The first problem I've ran into is finding seats that will actually work with the lipped storage below them.  I could have them rebuilt from the foam up, but that's generally more expensive than a new one -- so I figure it would be cheaper to just get some new replacements (and probably be more comfortable too, as these were never that comfortable IMO).  The problem I'm finding, is actually finding seats that fit correctly.  Apparently Skeeter no long has any, considering it's 18 years old, no big surprise --  so I'm looking for folks who have replaced theirs.

If anyone has, could you please let me know where you got them from?  I guess I can probably come up with a few modifications to modify other seats to work, but I would rather find ones that just fit.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

When I replaced the seats in my Champion I went to the original manufacturer for replacement. I called them to place the order and had them in a couple of weeks and they were perfect, fit and color. I went to *** to locate the manufacturer's name and contact info. Loads of good info there.