Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Ellingwood

Loxahatchee boat road ramp

Recommended Posts

Hello just wondering how everyone was doing out that way went fish over Thanksgiving and bite was tough.  1 3lb and a couple other dinks over two mornings.   Plus does anyone else have problems with thick vegetation constantly wrapping around propeller and how do they get off.  I can't simply reach back because of polling platform .  Gheenoe Lt 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been tough, was in okeechobee and only 1 fish for 2 days. About the prop I just answered on your other post. Hopefully fishing get better this weekend. Tight lines. 

Also where we're you fishing from in the lox

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonathan Ellingwood said:

Hello just wondering how everyone was doing out that way went fish over Thanksgiving and bite was tough.  1 3lb and a couple other dinks over two mornings.   Plus does anyone else have problems with thick vegetation constantly wrapping around propeller and how do they get off.  I can't simply reach back because of polling platform .  Gheenoe Lt 25

I upgraded my trolling motor and bought a ninja blade because of our thick vegetation in some areas... lol!! I use, and manipulate my TM so that the blades are as high towards the surface of the water as possible. I will only use my outboard until I am in a clear area and get up on plane as quickly as can. 

Once the grass does wrap around the prop though, you will need to raise the motor and do your best to remove it. It requires a balancing act that's for sure.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassinLou said:

I upgraded my trolling motor and bought a ninja blade because of our thick vegetation in some areas... lol!! I use, and manipulate my TM so that the blades are as high towards the surface of the water as possible. I will only use my outboard until I am in a clear area and get up on plane as quickly as can. 

Once the grass does wrap around the prop though, you will need to raise the motor and do your best to remove it. It requires a balancing act that's for sure.  

How's the ninja blade working? Thought of picking up one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jm526 said:

How's the ninja blade working? Thought of picking up one. 

I really like it. I find it helps a lot. When the time comes and I upgrade to my next rig, I will max out the TM capacity and have 2 Ninja blades. That will REALLY make a difference. Lol!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also file my T/M blades to a sharp edge.  It does not weaken the blades and always helps in thick grass.  It really eats its way through the thick stuff, and easy to do.  I also fish Lox often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second the motion on sharpening the tm blades. Just put a file on it, take out the dings and sharpen that baby up. Won't completely eliminate the problem but definitely helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out to Lox one time without ninja blades and I couldn't get through the grass. Went after the blades and sliced right through them.

I spoke with the gentleman that makes them, he recommended 2 blades instead of just the 1 for us down here in Florida due to the excess vegetation.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fished lox yesterday morning and caught 14 fish the biggest was 4.5. I think its had a lot to do with the wind blowing out there moving the fish around, they were in areas i usually don't fish. I use two ninja blades on my MK and absolutely love them. Never have any fouling of the TM. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonathan Ellingwood said:

Jm525 

it was my first time out I just headed west and then went into flats 

That is what most people do.  Great looking place to bass fish as long as they are not buried in the thick stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the weeds, a gaff hook with a 3-5 foot handle works good to pull the weeds awsy from the outboard motor.

Put a piece of cork on the tip of the hook when not in use and store it if you have space.

 

I used to love fishing Lox when I lived nearby. Tranquil and sometimes good fishing.

When the water was flowing out of the flats, I would try to find areas with had higher current at the edges of the flats. When water was stable, the edges and holes in the hydrilla were good for some action.

If you can get back into some areas that are hard to get into, isolated little ponds, those can be real good also. Just dont get lost or stuck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×