Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jtesch

Daiwa Tatula elite ags rods

Recommended Posts

Local shop got in the new Tatula elite AGS rods, nice but all bright silver including the handle. Still it's an assume feeling rod. The Aluminim steez SV is a work of art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking at these on the web last night. The look sharp and like very good builds. The reel seat looks super comfortable. I just wish I liked foam handles on rods, if I did for the price I'd be trying one of these. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to play with all the Tatula Elite rods at the Diawa booth at the Northwest Sports Show this weekend. They are all very interesting rods. The fit and finish on them are very impressive. I was smitten with the Cody Meyer 7' ML dropshot rod. I can't afford the AGS version but I did pick up the "regular guide" version for 150 bucks at the show. Can't wait to try it out. I'm going to use it for dropshot, light shakey heads and probably hair jigs. Might even be a good NED rig rod. 

 

One thing I like about the rod is the extra long portion of grip ABOVE the reel seat. This lets you choke up on the rod when you're fishing vertical. It's super comfortable. 

 

One thing I didn't like is that the spinning rods do NOT have a hook keeper on the neck.. only down in the grip. I wish they had both. Luckly I have some fuji's laying around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AGS versions guides are VERY delicate, no fluoro leaders on braid with these baby's. they will break the guides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jtesch said:

The AGS versions guides are VERY delicate, no fluoro leaders on braid with these baby's. they will break the guides

 

Is this your opinion or can you provide a source from Daiwa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jtesch said:

The AGS versions guides are VERY delicate, no fluoro leaders on braid with these baby's. they will break the guides

 

I find this very hard to believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AGS guides have SiC inserts, you treat them like any other guides, run whatever line you want, nothing is going to break. My friend has the steez AGS, used braid to fluoro and braid to mono for close to a year, no sign of wear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played with one when a local Pro brought one in.  He also had it paired with the new Tatula SV.  It was a pretty looking combo, felt good paired with each other.  I will probably pick up this new Tatula eventually because of all the hype on ease of skipping.  After I pick up another MGL XG, Scorpion DC and Alde.  So many to get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2017 at 11:34 AM, punch said:

I got to play with all the Tatula Elite rods at the Diawa booth at the Northwest Sports Show this weekend. They are all very interesting rods. The fit and finish on them are very impressive. I was smitten with the Cody Meyer 7' ML dropshot rod. I can't afford the AGS version but I did pick up the "regular guide" version for 150 bucks at the show. Can't wait to try it out. I'm going to use it for dropshot, light shakey heads and probably hair jigs. Might even be a good NED rig rod. 

 

One thing I like about the rod is the extra long portion of grip ABOVE the reel seat. This lets you choke up on the rod when you're fishing vertical. It's super comfortable. 

 

One thing I didn't like is that the spinning rods do NOT have a hook keeper on the neck.. only down in the grip. I wish they had both. Luckly I have some fuji's laying around. 

 

 

I am curious to hear any updates you have on this rod.  I think I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to pick one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 11:16 AM, Fishin' Fool said:

 

 

I am curious to hear any updates you have on this rod.  I think I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to pick one up.

 

I've been using this rod all summer and I LOVE IT. I've been using it literally every trip out because I've grown very confident in the dropshot this year and this rod has really helped me catch em. The soft tip really helps you put action on your bait without lifting the weight up off the bottom. This rod is really fantastic as a pure drop-shot rod. I have it paired up with a Abu Garica Orra Power Finesse 35 size reel (AWESOME reel) with 20LB high viz 832 and a 8lb floro leader. 

 

I've caught at least 30 fish with this setup. The 7' ML Cody Meyer elite dropshot rod is a winner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×