Kris2016

Piney Run Park, Maryland 4/3/17

Finally got out on my first trip of 2017 with a Club Member Friend.  We didn't get in the water until 11:30 or so.  We fished until around 3:30 and called it a day.  Boat control was a little hard because of wind gusts around 20 mph on the main lake and even some creek arms.  Water temps were in the mid-50s in the creek arms and a couple of degrees colder on the main lake.  Once we got into some creek arms where the wind was slowed we had a much better time but still didn't catch fish at first. We finally moved into my favorite creek arm and didn't catch anything for awhile.  Then in one 15 yard section of the shoreline I caught three and my partner caught two.  We both lost two fish.  His line broke on one, both of us had the fish spit the hook and I had a Trilene knot fail, not sure why.  

All in all a good day for the first trip of the year.  No fish to waste a picture on but they all were keepers.  The boat performed perfectly and I got to try out my new Dobyns Rods and Daiwa Reels.  Now I can't wait for the Club Tournament on Saturday.

• Like 1