Sturgeon

Big Hill Kansas and Arbuckles Oklahoma

Taking a trip in 2 weeks to Big Hill reservoir. I'll be staying one night and fishing from the yak. Anyone on here been there? If so could you tell me where I should dedicate more time than not....since I'm in the yak it's going to be difficult to cover the lake in one day.

3weeks following big hill I'm headed to Lake of The Arbuckles and looking for same kind of information. I'll be camping it out for 3-4 days, so I'll have more time on the water but 2500 acres is a lot of territory to cover still. Just looking for lake location information.

Any info would be greatly appreciate. 

Thanks!

At Big Hill I would put in up north under the bridge.  Look on Google earth to find the bridge, and you can launch a small boat or yak easily on the west side of the bridge.  Put in and go north.  Lots of good fishing up there.  Find the opening to the pond on the west side about a half mile up and fish that pond.

SE Kansas grass grower

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get on my garmin and check out that north end. I'll let you know how I do.