Tim Kelly

Power pro Maxquatro vs original?

For anyone who has used both types, is the maxquatro a similar stiffness to original or is it soft like most of the 8 strand braids and J braid x4?

I believe it's softer, but I could be wrong. Haven't used either in quite a while.

Just as stiff. No where near the softness of J Braid 8. But it is a very good line with excellent S/D ratio. You can youtube Maxcuatro and find ABS and KBS test.

Thanks. I haven't been able to find a review on you tube that described the line from a users point of view. The limpness of the line is one of the main characteristics that makes a braid suitable for different purposes to me. I like a stiffer line when I'm fishing deep weeds as you have to throw a lot of slack into the initial pitch and soft line is more prone to tip wrapping, especially if there's a breeze. Soft lines are great when you want to cast a light bait as far as possible and will be keeping the line fairly taught.

I've used it exclusively for a couple years now on a couple of my all-around reels. It's not a limp line. Eventually it loses a bit of stiffness like any braid will, but it's not J-Braid limp. It's by far my favorite line, I just haven't had to replace braid on my other reels yet so they've not made the transition. 

• Like 1