BR1AN

Sebago Lake State Park

Me and my buddies are heading up friday until sunday night to campout at the Sebago Lake State Park. Were bringing a boat and plan on doing nothing but fishing and eating. This will definitely be the biggest lake any of us ever attempted to fish. Figured i would make a thread and see what you guys have to say about the fishing this time of the year. Were basically after LM & SM but of course crappie & white perch etc is always good. Were just looking to have a good time.. 3-4 lb fish would be awesome. 

anything will help.. Not looking for your favorites spots or stuff like that just some decent info. 

Terrible bass fishing. You would have better luck goin for lake trout.

Don't hear of much 3-4 lb bass coming out of there.....Doesn't mean there isn't, but a call to a local quite may help.

Don't misunderstand, there are plenty of bass, you just don't see a lot of 3 and 4 pounder especially at this time of the year..  Secondary points, docks and shade are your friend

Typically this time of year on Sebgao Lake a 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 lb average wins. There is a Northern Bass Open there in 3 weeks. You surely will see some bass boats practicing. You can see the results for the past several years on Point Sebago Resorts webpage. Good luck.

My buddy lives on the lake, we catch mostly smallies, along the rocks on the banks. You can find some back water in areas where there will be some largemouth. do yourself a favor and hit little sebago once. There is a public launch there and the largemouth fishing can be good. I usually fish there every weekend. 

I fished Sebago Lake this morning. I had 7 smallies and a largemouth in the boat in the first hour, then it went cold. Ned rig was on fire.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:21 AM, nocluefisher said:

I fished Sebago Lake this morning. I had 7 smallies and a largemouth in the boat in the first hour, then it went cold. Ned rig was on fire.

Anything over 3 lbs ?

Little Sebago would be a better option

Suggestion, upsize your baits. I notice the larger bass won't strike what the smaller bass are hitting. When I throw larger baits the larger bass get more interested. IDK why this works but it does.