pcmc19057

Topwater lake in eastern new york or w. Vermont

Hi guys

I fish northern lake champlain every summer and wanted to try some of the smaller lakes in ny or vermont.

I fish out of a 20 ft fiberglass boat

I do not want specific spots just a lake that has a lot of lilypads or shallow weeds to fish.

I love fishing shallow.

Thanks

Paul

One that I fish a lot is Emerald Lake in E. Dorset. It's a small, motorless lake but they do rent canoes and kayaks, and not the most abundant or largest smallie population, but it's a really beautiful spot. There are some lilypads and tons of grass throughout the lake and only one deep area. I did catch a 20"+ smallie from under a fallen tree last summer there however. They also have Northern Pike and Perch and I'm not sure what else. It's generally a fairly cloudy lake, but might work with topwater due to it's depth.

I'm sure I will try a few more state parks throughout Vermont this summer. I live just south of Vermont and camp there every summer.

I would also check out Great Sacandaga Lake in NY. There's a few towns around the lake, but not too large of population and it's a great spot. Northville, on the north side of the lake is a nice small town as well.

Hi Boomstick

Thanks for the reply. 

I might try Great Sacandaga I fished that many years ago and did good in the coves.

Shelburne Pond in Vt.

A fun place to fish is lake Arrowhead in milton, VT.. it is definitely a hidden gem.. connects to a river for great Smallmouth fishing, or move down through the canals for pads, grass and other shallow opportunities. Then there's the main lake (it's small) where you can find them a little deeper.. it also holds some big Pike and the sporatic walleye.. 

Lowell lake in Londonderry VT.  Quiet, good ramp, plenty of shallows and Lily pads...it's a state park but no entry fee. Caught a couple nice bass there last year in just an afternoon.

Hey guys, 

Thanks alot for the replys.

I will fish some of these lakes this year and let you know how I did.

Paul

IMG951701-1.jpg