Nick49

Garmin EchoMap Question

I have two questions that I am hoping someone can answer.  My new Garmin EchoMap 73sv has Quickdraw Contours installed along with LakeVu mapping.  Using the LakeVu mapping that came with the Garmin I get 1 foot contours on my primary fishing lake.  Question #1 - Will I lose any features of the LakeVu mapping if I also run the Quickdraw Contours function over parts of the lake?  Question #2 - If I install the LakeVu Ultra chip, can it be used in conjunction with the Quickdraw Contours?  If so, what goes in the card slot?  Thanks in advance!

On 12/22/2017 at 4:14 PM, Nick49 said:

I have two questions that I am hoping someone can answer.  My new Garmin EchoMap 73sv has Quickdraw Contours installed along with LakeVu mapping.  Using the LakeVu mapping that came with the Garmin I get 1 foot contours on my primary fishing lake.  Question #1 - Will I lose any features of the LakeVu mapping if I also run the Quickdraw Contours function over parts of the lake?  Question #2 - If I install the LakeVu Ultra chip, can it be used in conjunction with the Quickdraw Contours?  If so, what goes in the card slot?  Thanks in advance!

QuickDraw contour recordings are laid over your built-in contours, but you don't "lose" anything.  You can simply toggle the QuickDraw contours display on or off in the menu at any time to view the built-in LakeVu mapping.  Yes, you can simply record all your QuickDraw Contours to the Ultra card itself. 

• Like 1

The card slot is for a Micro SD. Use the HomePort software to review and mark on your home PC.