GilgameshRe

Guide recommendation for Toho

Hey guys! My little fishing buddy and I will be heading down to Orlando in a few weeks and we'd like to put the hurt on some Peacock bass. This is likely to be our one and only chance to catch these pretty suckers so we're going to spend the extra money and get a guide. Has anyone used a local guy and had good success? Wouldn't hurt to have some big FL strain largemouth jump in the boat either, ;)

There are no peacock bass in Toho. You have to go to West Palm or anywhere between there and Miami. Pm me if you're interested in a guide for Toho though.

9 minutes ago, BassObsessed said:

There are no peacock bass in Toho. You have to go to West Palm or anywhere between there and Miami. Pm me if you're interested in a guide for Toho though.

You mean West Palm beach along the coast?  I didn't know they were so far out. What's Toho hold?

The Peacock bass haven’t made it into the Kissimmee chain of lakes yet. There is talk there might be a few around, but I’ve not seen anything that says otherwise. Palm Beach County and south are your best bet if you want to get a Peacock. You can also find Snakeheads down that way too. 

Lake Toho is LMB country, but some big (for Florida standards) channel cats, gar, and bowfins can be found there too. 

Thanks guys! We'll talk over the trip and see what we can line up one morning. I don't think we'll be able to get that far away though due to time constraints. We'll probably have to suffer (haha) with some LMBs from Toho.

A couple years ago I used Captain Kitt Grunloh and was very happy with him. We went out of north end of toho in Orlando area.

5 hours ago, GilgameshRe said:

You mean West Palm beach along the coast?  I didn't know they were so far out. What's Toho hold?

I sent you a PM.