geo g

Lox Road Ramps, Saturday, 1/20/18

Lox Road Ramps

Saturday 1/20/18

first light/9:30

Water Temp 60*

Cloudy

wind N 5-10

Went to Lox with Steve this morning.  We started throwing frogs and fast moving top water.  This didn't work.  It wasn't long before we were both throwing plastics slow through the grass.  Almost immediately we were getting bites, and the skunk was out of the boat.  They want it crawling along the bottom with a few subtle shakes and then pause.    The water temp dropped 7* since last weekend, so the fishing should get better as the day went on and the light penetrated the grass beds.  Around 9:00 I got a call from my 92 year old dad's nurse that he refused to take his meds.  The trip was over and I was off to the home.  Its always an adventure when they get up in the 90's.

We finished early with 16 caught, 4 in the 3 pound range.  Both Steve and I caught our share of bass.  We caught them on flukes, stick-os, u-tails, beavers, and rage craws.  It was great while it lasted.  I think the afternoon bite would have been good.  A fun day with a good friend.

T

• Like 1

Was at lox earlier, went down a trail way back in the thick stuff around 4:30, found some big fish, ran out of sun light, and got stuck very bad trying to get out. Got turned around even with Satellite overlay on my Gps. Was definitely eye opening, considering I've been fishing Lox for many years. Almost spent the night.

Be Safe Guys! Good report Btw

12 hours ago, FlatsNbass said:

Was at lox earlier, went down a trail way back in the thick stuff around 4:30, found some big fish, ran out of sun light, and got stuck very bad trying to get out. Got turned around even with Satellite overlay on my Gps. Was definitely eye opening, considering I've been fishing Lox for many years. Almost spent the night.

Be Safe Guys! Good report Btw

What kind of boat were you in?  That could have been a nightmare.  At least it was cool, not many skeeters.  

4 hours ago, geo g said:

What kind of boat were you in?  That could have been a nightmare.  At least it was cool, not many skeeters.  

I was in a jon boat with a 70 yamaha 4 stroke thank God! I had to push it over many mud banks, and around trees to get out.

Wow that’s scary, that place has a lot of big gators way back in the central area.  Glad you got out ok.

i was there after dark one time and red eyes were all over the place.

2 hours ago, geo g said:

Wow that’s scarey, that place has a lot of big gators way back in the central area.  Glad you got out ok.

i was there after dark one time and red eyes were all over the place.

Yes there are, very large bass too. Defiantly did not give me a warm & fuzzy feeling.

Been some great fishing lately in the Everglades