Jm526

Lake Istokpoga

I'm going to fish there for the first time on Feb 10th and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how and where to start. 

Is one area better than another etc?

I don't expect your honey holes, just a general idea and any suggestions you can give. 

Thanks

Jack

The mouths of both Josephine and Arbuckle Creeks are always good areas especially if the water is running. 

There is a spawning flat on the right side of Arbuckle and all the way in Josephine for a few hundred yards. 

Also try the back side and between Bumble Bee and little Bumble Bee island. 

Good Luck

Mike 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been really tough for over a yr now. Check out some left over hydrilla to the left of Henderson's with pads mixed in. Also, huge pad field on the South East side. Start outside and work your way in to look for spawners. I'm headed that way maybe this weekend myself. I live about 4 min from the windy point ramp. Oh, make sure you have a black/blue flipping jig tied on. 

• Like 2

This is a great time of the year to fish it.  Bedding time!  The key right now is the wind, is it going to ease any time soon.  Look for areas with two or more different types of weeds together.   Fish the area slow and throe, with big worms, plastic stickbaits, jigs,frogs, and lizards.  Black/blue, watermelon red, and Okeechobee are great colors. 

• Thanks 1

Right now a great area to find monsters is the offshore bulrush near the water control structure and on the north end near the Arbuckle creek mouth.  Weightless senkos and fast moving swimbaits. Also the northeast side near cowhouse road,  lake blvd. to raccoon ln canals.

I'll be out there first thing tomorrow. I'm not that confident I'll catch much but we'll see. 

Fished both days with minimal success. Bunch of dinks scattered here and there. Feels like we fished every inch of that lake and nothing! Hot as could be too. I'm officially done with that place. Making the little longer drive to Okee from now on. 

• Sad 1