Jump to content
LAO162

Daiwa LT & TD Spinning Spool Sizes - Table Attached

Recommended Posts

While trying to figure out the my next model and size of spinning reel, I stumbled across this information on the Daiwa Australia website.  It was cut from a factsheet on the new Exist.  I thought it may be helpful to Daiwa fans who are looking to see how the new LT spools measure compared to the older "TD" spools.

 

LT Spool Sizing.jpg

 

At 2500 and larger, there seems to be a meaningful change in spool diameter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have seen they are also cut much deeper. The line capacity seems much larger on each model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickKnight said:

From what I have seen they are also cut much deeper. The line capacity seems much larger on each model.

The larger line capacities tipped me off that the LT spools were different than my old Daiwa spool.  Because I actually prefer a shallower spool, I started flipping through the models.  It looks as though at least the 3000 size Tatula LT model is offered with a shallow spool.  Unfortunately, I don't see a Fuego LT with a shallow spool.  Maybe I'll play it safe and go with the BG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LAO162 said:

The larger line capacities tipped me off that the LT spools were different than my old Daiwa spool.  Because I actually prefer a shallower spool, I started flipping through the models.  It looks as though at least the 3000 size Tatula LT model is offered with a shallow spool.  Unfortunately, I don't see a Fuego LT with a shallow spool.  Maybe I'll play it safe and go with the BG.

I have been very happy with my BG 2500. Honestly that is the only reason I am even looking at Daiwa now. As a self admitted Shimano fanboy the BG has opened my eyes a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickKnight said:

I have been very happy with my BG 2500. Honestly that is the only reason I am even looking at Daiwa now. As a self admitted Shimano fanboy the BG has opened my eyes a bit.

I suspect that the BG 2500 will feel like much like the old Daiwa reels I am used to using.  However, I was hoping for a larger Arbor with a little less weight.  I don't need all of the line capacity of a LT 4000, which otherwise seems to be the right size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LAO162 said:

I suspect that the BG 2500 will feel like much like the old Daiwa reels I am used to using.  However, I was hoping for a larger Arbor with a little less weight.  I don't need all of the line capacity of a LT 4000, which otherwise seems to be the right size.

You could always put cheap mono backing on it to eat up space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PatrickKnight said:

You could always put cheap mono backing on it to eat up space.

That's what I do to all my reels. Saves money and time when I have to re-spool which is usually 2-3 times a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatrickKnight said:

You could always put cheap mono backing on it to eat up space.

I've been thinking about doing that, but I'd have to accept change to my habits:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×