Bama

Help with choosing a used boat

I live near near the mighty Potomac river in Fredericksburg, Va. I’m searching for a used 18-19ft bass boat with at least a 150. I tournament fish the river with my partner and know how rough the river can get. But I’m limited by a garage and backyard.  At least half of my time will be spent on the Rappohanock River, lots smaller than Potomac, and 10 minutes from my house.  

My budget is around 20k. I’m leaning towards triton 2012-2014 18 Explorer or Ranger 118.   How old is too old? How many hours are too many? I don’t want to buy someone’s junk, but also don’t want to buy a over priced new boat!  Please help me make an informed decision.  

I’d stick with a newer four stroke motor and have it checked out before I buy it. The motor’s computer will tell you how many hours and how hard it has run. I think that 100 hours a year would be a lot, but I’m pulling that number out of my butt.

Since you live where you do go talk to Mare Inc in Aquia. Check out the boat.

2007 Nitro 898 DC powered by a Mercury150 EFI 
This is a 2007 Nitro 898 Dual Console powered by a Mercury 150 EFI. It has a Minn Kota Max Pro 80 24 Volt Trolling Motor, Lowrance LCX 38 at console and LMS 332 at the bow, boat cover and a TrailStar Trailer with brakes. 
$11,500.00

tshanz898a.jpg

Call ahead because this boat could be located at their Thurmont MD location.