Is punta Gorda Florida just known for tarpon fishing ?

No I live here. Although it is the Tarpon capital of the world. It also has world class snook redfish and trout fishing.

Grouper and snapper and can be caught on the reefs just a few miles out. Kings are currently running as will.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the response!!!We are thinking of moving there,but I been a bass fishermen all my life so it seems like it's gonna be an adjustment switching to being a inshore fishermen using a kayak,I bought a Penn battle 2 combo on one of our trips there but I think I'm gonna replace the rod to a calico Jack rod or redbone rod, finding alot of helpful information on inshore fishing on salt strong site and fishing Frank's site.

Fishing franks is great. I actually go to his shop at least once a month. If you can bass fish, you can snook fish. Same techniques just bigger fish and more fun. Most of snook come on two lures, soft swimbaits and spook type lures

• Thanks 1

Sounds like fun I messed around with a spoon and swimbait mullet around PG waterfront saw some reds wasn't able to catch any though.