baitcastnewbie

Help needed: anti-reverse collar won't sit flush

So today I took apart my scorpion/curado 70 for the first time for cleaning. This is how it looks before I put the gear sideplate back on.

1959539524_IMG_0665(1).thumb.jpg.be2db3cd7c8e68ec4e4f74568a7f31d8.jpg

However, when I tried to reinstall the sideplate, the anti-reverse collar didn't sit flush to the AR bearing. It protrudes out about 1/4'', making it impossible for me to put the drag star and handle assembly back on.

IMG_0666.thumb.jpg.a6f409a213c6fc80af2689b921302dd5.jpg

I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. I've checked to make sure the collar is keyed correctly to the washer on the main gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I recall in cleaning mine, the collar does stick up a bit, you may not have noticed it when you took it apart. Assuming everything is properly seated and you have confirmed that.  It can drive you nuts making sure the drag star is aligned properly to fit down over the drive gear. You have to just keep turning it slowly until it slides all the way down.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OnthePotomac said:

As I recall in cleaning mine, the collar does stick up a bit, you may not have noticed it when you took it apart. Assuming everything is properly seated and you have confirmed that.  It can drive you nuts making sure the drag star is aligned properly to fit down over the drive gear. You have to just keep turning it slowly until it slides all the way down.

Worked it out! I didn't align the shaft and the nut under the drag star properly. Thanks a ton!

Good thing about a problem like this, you will always remember it now.