99TAC

Abu Garcia Revo X Rev 2/30 combo

Last week I bought my first Abu Garcia Revo X rev 2/30 combo reel and rod. I noticed that the reel bail won't close after I manually open it before I casted the line in to the water when I go to close it wouldn't close at all so I closed the bail I tried few more tries it never closed. So I took them both back to Academy Sports where I bought the rod and reel from spoke with the store manager claiming he knew everything about fishing he didn't know what I was talking about so he tried it he claimed it was supposed to be manually closed instead of automatically closed. So the guy walked away with the fishing rod and reel and claimed he was going to speak with his bass pro representative on site he came back and he claimed it's a manual only closing for the bell and not automatic. He did show a little attitude showing the manager tone to him what he spoke when I asked him to please call Abu Garcia and see what they say he told me he didn't have to do anything. So I left the store with the rod and reel I called Abu Garcia customer service they claim its a automatic closing reel they told me what I could do is either take it back and tell them what the issue is/defective reel and give me a refund or switch it out for a new one. I told the representative for Abu Garcia what the manager said and told me he was like he'll make sure he'll let the area person for them know about it and have it fix.

I called another Academy Sports and spoke with a very nice gentleman I took the rod and reel in and let him see what he can see or fix hopefully he told me they should have never sold you a defective item. He even agree it's supposed to be a automatic reel closing so he tested out the rod and reels for the Abu Garcia Revo X 2/30 he had in stock and he found that was working the right way and he swamped it out for the one I had for his that was new and working order.

Has anyone had this issue before with the Abu Garcia Revo x 2/30 reel and rod combo?

- Jamie 

Even though the bail closes automatically,You should make it a habit to close it manually 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fvogel67 said:

Even though the bail closes automatically,You should make it a habit to close it manually 

My thoughts exactly.