Sam

Catishing the Upper Historic James

While waiting for my son's and daughter-in-law's going away party at my American Legion Post on the Historic Upper James River, I tried my luck for some catfish.

Caught two little ones, about one and a half pounds each, but it was a lot of fun.

Used the hot dog from my grandkids' hot dogs on a stick.

Also used my Shimano Baitrunner for the first time in many years and it is still in great working order.

May do some catfishing behind a friend's farm on the Appomattox River. Only problem is he says for me to be armed to shoot the snakes when I go.

• Like 1

I have lived in Richmond area for almost 15 years now and i am not proud to say, I have yet to go out catfishing yet i always say i am going to do it...maybe i will dust off my bait runner and do the same thing here soon...

8 hours ago, flyfisher said:

I have lived in Richmond area for almost 15 years now and i am not proud to say, I have yet to go out catfishing yet i always say i am going to do it...maybe i will dust off my bait runner and do the same thing here soon...

Go for it!

There is a great place to the west of the Pony Pasture that has some beautiful catfish, all about 20 to 25 inches.

You float from Flatrock by the Huguenot Bridge and catch your bluegills or bream and use them for bait.

Of course, you need help getting the car/truck back to the Pony Pasture parking lot so you can get home!!!!

On 8/31/2018 at 7:15 AM, Sam said:

Go for it!

There is a great place to the west of the Pony Pasture that has some beautiful catfish, all about 20 to 25 inches.

You float from Flatrock by the Huguenot Bridge and catch your bluegills or bream and use them for bait.

Of course, you need help getting the car/truck back to the Pony Pasture parking lot so you can get home!!!!

I was thinking of hitting the Pamunkey as I have heard they are getting pretty big downstream of 360 but with school starting tuesday, who knows when i will get out, maybe over Christmas break :) 

The Pamunkey has some outstanding catfish. And lots of them.

Go when you can and have some fun.

• Like 1