ChrisD46

Biffle Bug Question ?

Can  the Biffle Bug Jr. (3.5") be used on the Biffle Hard Head 5/16th and 7/16th oz. versions which use a 4/0 EWG hook ?

While the normal Biffle Bug will surely work on the 4/0 EWG Hard Head  - I wasn't sure in the Biffle Jr. could be used with the 4/0 EWG hook as well ?

I fish for spotted bass (which are on the small side) and while I like the action of the normal size Biffle Bug - I thought the size may be a turn off to smaller spotted bass hence why I ask about the Biffle Bug Jr. size  ... Thanks in advance for replies .

*According to the Gene Larew folks - the same 4/0 Biffle Hard Head will fit with the hook point coming out at the body / tail junction ... On the normal size Biffle Bug the hook point comes out about 1/2" further up in the body .

• Like 1

I would think the hook would be a little oversized honestly. Seems like it might kill some of the action. 

But if the Larew folks say so......

15 hours ago, ItsHardwick said:

I would think the hook would be a little oversized honestly. Seems like it might kill some of the action. 

But if the Larew folks say so......

I'm with you - I have been on the fence about this since the reply and now a 4/0 seems a little big for a Biffle Bug Jr. ... Tommy himself uses the Jr. on a drop shot (go figure) but never see him slinging  the Jr. on a Hard Head swing jig. I believe Gary Klein uses a Havoc Pit Boss Jr. (3") with a Hard Head which might be over sized as all the swing jigs have 4/0 EWG or 5/0 EWG  hooks ... I don't believe I've seen any 3/0 EWG hooks offered on OEM swing jigs ? ... In the end the normal size Rage Menage , Rage Bug , Pit Boss and Biffle Bug in that 4 inch range are probably best .