fvogel67

St Croix Legend X Spinning Rod

Has anyone handled or fished with one?I I'm interested in the 6'10"MXF

Never handled a Legend X, but I’ve got a Legend Tournement and I love it.  Nice and light, and strong. 

• Like 1

Legend X are basically a Legend Elite with a split cork grip. If you’ve fished a Legend Elite or a Legend Extreme then the X should handle nearly identically. 

7 hours ago, kschultz76 said:

Legend X are basically a Legend Elite with a split cork grip. If you’ve fished a Legend Elite or a Legend Extreme then the X should handle nearly identically. 

I know what it is,I've never fished with either of the Legends.

I have the Legend Elite 610 MLXF and have handled the X at the shop. First of all, the sensitivity is top notch. I walleye fish with mine, but can feel everything I need to and more. The rods are light and responsive and I prefer the FX tip. The X feels very similar in store. Perhaps a little light weight wise, and Im of the perception that they are little lighter power wise. That could just be in my head, or there might actually be something to it, Im not sure. They should theoretically be the same blank, but this is just my observation after messing around with them at work.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loomis13 said:

I have the Legend Elite 610 MLXF and have handled the X at the shop. First of all, the sensitivity is top notch. I walleye fish with mine, but can feel everything I need to and more. The rods are light and responsive and I prefer the FX tip. The X feels very similar in store. Perhaps a little light weight wise, and Im of the perception that they are little lighter power wise. That could just be in my head, or there might actually be something to it, Im not sure. They should theoretically be the same blank, but this is just my observation after messing around with them at work.

Thanks,Tight Lines