Jared Herman

St.Croix Avid x v.s Legend Tournament

Im looking to buy a new jig rod for bass fishing. I have a deal on a used LTB rod but I'm not a fan of the grips. I like the looks and lightness of the Avid x but I'm not sure about the sensitivity. Has anyone used both and could tell major difference in the sensitivity of the rod?

Rod would be 7' or 7'1'' mhf or mhxf

Own/owned both in casting and spinning.  Prefer the LTB for spinning and love the handle.  New handles are a bit better.

In casting styles, they are close but I actually prefer the Avid X in casting rods.  Guides are better on the LTB, but anecdotally feel like the Avid X is a better caster in simliar lengths, power, and tips. 

Thanks guys, I just bought the LTB and I'm very happy with it. Can't wait till the spring so I can get out there and use all my new gear.

4 hours ago, Jared Herman said:

Thanks guys, I just bought the LTB and I'm very happy with it. Can't wait till the spring so I can get out there and use all my new gear.

Nice. I have a LTB 6'8" MH that's a tough rod. It has a fast action and is very powerful. It's super sensitive and casts great. I find it slightly tip heavy with 6.3oz reels, but with my Daiwa Tatula 200 it's perfect. Which one did you get?

What reel did you pair it up with?