C_M_25

Ranger Reata 212ls - Thoughts?

Hi everyone! I’ve had a pontoon boat for the past 5 years, but I’m looking for a better fishing boat compromise for me. I primarily bass fish. We went to our first boat show yesterday, and my wife really liked the reata 212. At least, she liked it as much as she will like a bass boat-type boat. I really liked the space in the cockpit. Lots of space between the front and back seats. I also liked the deck space on the front and back, the availability of some rod storage, and overall styling. 

I’m looking for any feedback from anybody who has one of these boats or who has ridden/fished out of one. How fast can these go when equipped with the 250 hp? Anybody have a power pole attached? How’s the ride? What is the minimum draft? How high do they sit out of the water? 

Finally, for anybody who can answer. These boats have rod storage for 8 ft rods. Unfortunately, there are only 4 rod tubes. How many rods can I get in there if I’m using rod socks? Has anybody ever stored rods in the ski locker at least temporarily during the day? Thanks!!

I purchased a brand new 2018 Ranger Reatta 212LS last March. It’s fully loaded for fishing and then some. I love the boat. I can easily get 6-8 rods in the storage with Rod socks. Great for fishing and pulling kids/family on tubes or skis. Very low hours. Im thinking of selling due to not using it enough. Reply if your interested, or PM me. I can email pics. 

Mercury Verado 250 w/ power steering 

2 Humminbird Helix G2N SI DI

Hummingbird 360 Imaging on TM

Ultrex 112 I-PILOT I-link

4 bank charger

custom cover

Merc Digital gauge

oxygenator live well 

auto bilge

remote plug

Thanks!

Richard