Sam

The Old Bass Fisherman

Doctors say that we all need exercise. Here is a story about bass fishing and exercise, if you can make the connection.

The Bass Fisherman

An 80-year-old bass fisherman goes to the doctor for a check-up. The doctor is amazed at what good shape the guy is in and asks, 'how do you stay in such great physical condition?'  

I'm a bass fisherman,' says the guy, 'and that's why I'm in such good shape. I'm up well before daylight and out fishing up and down the rivers and lakes all the time. 
I have a glass of vino, and all is well.’

"'Well' says the doctor, 'I'm sure that helps, but there's got to be more to it. How old was your Father when he died?

"Who said he was dead?"  

The doctor is amazed. 'You mean you're 80 years old and your Father's still alive. How old is he?’

He's 100 years old,' says the bass fisherman. 'In fact he fished with me this morning, and then we went to the nude beach for a walk and had a little vino and that's why he's still alive. He's a bass fisherman and a good one, too.’

'Well,' the doctor says, 'that's great, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. How about your Father's Father? How old was he when he died?’

'Who said my Nonno's dead?’

Stunned, the doctor asks, 'you mean you're 80 years old and your grandfather's still living! Incredible, how old is he?’

'He's 118 years old,' says the Old Bass Fisherman.

The doctor is getting frustrated at this point, 'so, I guess he went fishing with you this morning too?'  

'No, Nonno couldn't go this morning because he's getting married today.'  

At this point the doctor is close to losing it. 'Getting married? Why would a 118 year- old guy want to get married?’

'Who said he wanted to?  

• Haha 8