RobbyZ5001

1/26/19 BFL Okeechobee-My Result

Rough tourney, cold, rainy, windy.

Small field for the 1st tourney of the year with 120 boats. I think this is due to low water conditions and higher entry fees this year.

I fished as a non boater. Fished some shallow water and a little 5-7' channel, as well as the rim ditch in various places. I fished swim jigs, trig senko, rattle trap, wake bait (handful before I knew it was going to be a tough day), chatter bait. I didn't carry any dropshot baits or any TRD's, but they would have been worth a shot in the rim ditch for the tough bite. 

My boater was fishing shaky head with a trick worm, swim jig, some other old school worms. He hit one spot where he boated 3 fish in about 10 minutes. It was about a 20'x10' spot, but they were in it. That was all for him for the day around 7lbs.

Luckily I was able to pull a 4lber on trig senko on the rim ditch. Had one fish hang on a swim jig, kind of seemed like a gar type deal. The 4lb fish was good enough for 30/120 on the non boater side. I was 12 oz out of the money, pretty rough tourney...

They can't all be easy, but I am glad I picked up some decent points. 

2/7/19 I decided to try out this marshal deal for the FLW tour. So I will be around the Toho area 2/7-2/10 if anyone heads up let me know. 

• Like 1