Jump to content
dgkasper58

Good Deal on PFD?

Recommended Posts

image.png.aa38d9916d3cf50536e7756314c3c743.png

 

Is this a good deal for $80? I need to have a type 3 device and have been putting this off for way too long.  Anybody know of any other inflatable that is a good deal?

 

TIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dgkasper58 said:

image.png.aa38d9916d3cf50536e7756314c3c743.png

 

Is this a good deal for $80? I need to have a type 3 device and have been putting this off for way too long.  Anybody know of any other inflatable that is a good deal?

 

TIA

 

Yes. I have that one and the bass pro brand.  nice and compact. does not interfere with fishing.

I actually tried them both out by jumping in the lake.

they both worked well. not much difference between the two.

Not much fun to get packed back in after deploying and the recharge kit is not cheap.

If you ever watched Tommy Boy deploy the life jacket on the plane. That is about how it feels. 

It is a small price to pay for safety.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Russ E said:

Yes. I have that one and the bass pro brand.  nice and compact. does not interfere with fishing.

I actually tried them both out by jumping in the lake.

they both worked well. not much difference between the two.

Not much fun to get packed back in after deploying and the recharge kit is not cheap.

If you ever watched Tommy Boy deploy the life jacket on the plane. That is about how it feels. 

It is a small price to pay for safety.

 

Can you disable the auto inflate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dgkasper58 said:

Can you disable the auto inflate?

I am not sure. Don't know why you would want to.

Auto inflate is why I bought them. If I fall in I want it to deploy.

They have a bobbin that dissolves in water. That is what makes them auto inflate. If it does fail, you can still pull the manual cord.

I have been in heavy rain and it has never falsely inflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Russ E said:

I have been in heavy rain and it has never falsely inflated.

That was one of my concerns- and the other was sweating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dgkasper58 said:

Can you disable the auto inflate?

I have the BPS brand and yes, you can disable the auto inflate and use the jerk cord to manually inflate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×