JRJ

March Long Weekend - Lanier (GA) or Chickamauga (TN)?

I'm aiming to organize a get-together in March with a couple good friends.  We are all bass fishing enthusiasts - experienced - but none are highly accomplished.  Two of us from OH and one from TX.  I was reading about Lake Lanier in GA - convenient for us to fly and meet at ATL and then drive to Lanier...  Then was reading about Chickamauga in TN, after seeing Bassmaster ranking of #2 in 2018.  

Would appreciate any thoughts / recommendations between these two locations - which one and any specifics on where to focus for success in March... given we will be flying in and will need to get set up with place to stay and boat rental, etc...  Would love to catch some bass... looking to keep it fairly simple....  Appreciate any advice / recommendations.  Thank you.

I fish both lakes some but live at lanier. Lanier is consistent .... and less dependent on weather and fronts cuz mostly spots. 2 totally different lakes tho as far as approach so if you are more of power fisherman then chick may be a better fit. Lanier is more finesse due to clearer water.  Chick has huge ones but with all the rain it could be unpredictable. None of the lakes have rental boats worth a dang for fishing and electronics are very important for both lakes especially lanier tho. I would hire guides.... for lanier you can call ryan Coleman at lanier spots for bass fishing and he can hook you up for a good trip. Tell him chad said to call