Jump to content
Alvin

JJ'S magic

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Alvin said:

Is JJ'S magic toxic to fish?

Welcome aboard, Alvin!

 

Many of us have used it for years (tho I haven't for the past 1.5) regularly.

There are many discussions of the product on the forums, but I've not heard

whether it is toxic to fish or not. 

 

Personally I've released many fish after catching on JJ's magic stained baits.

Never saw one come floating back up after fishing... Not that that means 

anything, but ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is probably toxic to fish, but you also have to remember that you are diluting it in a large body of water, so they may not be taking in the amount you are thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing we do to these fish is a good thing. We just try to make it suck for them as least as possible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nowadays the water itself is probably slightly toxic to the fish. This is like asking if the lead bait you lost at the bottom of the lake is toxic to the fish or the 10 million plastic worms leaching at the bottom of the lake. and so on. JJ's is great. LOVE it. Be very careful with it. It will explode everywhere, it will dry out, it will melt things. Best scent though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s an interesting question, because there’s nothing on the packaging or website about toxicity, and federal law (FHSA) requires it:

 

Quote

To require labeling, a product must first be toxic, corrosive, flammable or combustible, an irritant, or a strong sensitizer, or it must generate pressure through decomposition, heat, or other means. Second, the product must have the potential to cause substantial personal injury or substantial illness during or as a result of any customary or reasonably foreseeable handling or use, including reasonably foreseeable ingestion by children.

 

If you’ve ever used the stuff, common sense tells you it must be hazardous. Maybe the company has some kind of exemption because they’re small or something.

 

I’ve used it, and I’ve still got a bottle of it, but I keep it out in the shop because it’s nasty stuff that will stink up your whole house. I don't think I'll ever buy another bottle of it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...