I picked up a Shimano Expride 7’ light+ this afternoon and now need to outfit it with a reel! Main purpose will be a perch rod for about a months time while waiting for bass season to kick start, then my ned rig rod during bass and small finesse trd tubes and other finesse applications. I throw a ci4+ on it and it balanced beautifully. debating between another ci4+, tatula lt or a ballistical lt. I have a ci4+ and super happy with it but have never tried any daiwa spinning reels

I would suggest either the Tatula LT or a Stradic Ci4. I have the tatula lt in the 2500 size and two stradics in the 2500 and 3000 sizes. Both are good solid reels, the Tatula Lt feels just as smooth and refined as the Stradic Ci4+. The Tatula does weight about 1/10th of an ounce lighter than the similar sized stradic but in hand doesn't feel that different.

14 hours ago, matbellon3 said:

I would suggest either the Tatula LT or a Stradic Ci4. I have the tatula lt in the 2500 size and two stradics in the 2500 and 3000 sizes. Both are good solid reels, the Tatula Lt feels just as smooth and refined as the Stradic Ci4+. The Tatula does weight about 1/10th of an ounce lighter than the similar sized stradic but in hand doesn't feel that different.

I have been considering trying daiwa as everywhere I see they seem to be talked about in high regards. But between the ballistic lt and the tatula lt is it Not worth stepping up for mag seal? 

Ive always run shimano casting and spinning. I have one tatula Sv and wouldn’t mind trying there spinning but just don’t know anything about them. If I go shimano it will be ci4+ as I love the one I currently have

1 hour ago, Matt_3479 said:

is it Not worth stepping up for mag seal? 

For freshwater, not really. If it were to to be used inshore then it would worth it to get the ballistic or something with magseal.

• Like 1

Stay with ci4 and give it to your kids when you retire, because that's how long it will last

On 3/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, NHBull said:

Stay with ci4 and give it to your kids when you retire, because that's how long it will last

Definately leaning that way but want to get both in hand tomorrow and decide