Sign in to follow this  
huskertko

Pond Hopper/Pelican boat question

To those that have these types of boats, I have a couple questions. I left the cover off my boat for a few days and unfortunately, it was the days that rained like a banshee and now I found that I have water inside the boat, between the hull and the floatation foam.

First off is there any way to get the water out, and secondly, will it affect the floatability of the boat? Will I still be able to fish with two people in the boat even with the added weight of the water?

The manual that came with my Pelican indicates that some water might accumulate between the deck and hull caused by rain, or excessive wave action. Mine has drain plugs on the pontoons at the bow; remove and stand the boat on end to drain. As for whether or not it's seaworthy with a lot of water trapped, I'd look carefully when launching and see how high it rides.

Good luck

J

mine had drain plugs as well

but i also knew a guy who had a pelican that was cracked all the way down the side. The pontoons would fill w/ water everytime he was on the water, but the foam was bouyant enough to always keep it floating just fine with 1 or 2 people in it

thanks for the relpies, I turned it upside down and most of the water drained out the same way it entered, through the opening for the internal wiring.  I don't think that i got it all, but I got most of it out, at least from the weight of the boat it feels like I got it mostly out.