Anyone else pick one of these up? Curious as to what others think.

I've had the 6'6 Purple Crush ML for a couple weeks now and really like how it handles. I have been using it for drop shot and finesse fishing, as well as some live bait stuff around my local ponds after work. For 65-75 dollars, I think St. Croix did a great job on this rod.

Value is there, split grip as well which I prefer. They have it in Purple and Grey both in spinning and casting models.

I haven't put it through the ringer yet, but I am a St. Croix fanboy for life and I think this feels very similar to their other models, especially at that price point. I only knew about it through the newsletter.

Nice, I'm a St. Croix fanboy too but haven't heard of this line yet. I might grab one for a creek wading backup.

I bought one of each last Christmas when they ran a little special, a spinning and a casting rod. They both came as combos with reels.

Well, I like them just fine and, as best I can tell, these Reign rods use the same St. Croix SCII graphite as many lower or mid price range St. Croix rods.

For someone looking for a rod in this price range, I think you will find them among the better options out there.

My guess? St. Croix is trying to penetrate a very lucrative segment of the market (budget rods), is branding rods for exposure here, primarily in name only as these rods' componentry is largely the same as their St. Croix lower cost rods.

Just shows the mark up in rods is large enough, that they are selling some here for less profit margin. Sounds like a good business decision to me.

Brad

They look like the old triumph x rods but different colors.  Maybe they are trying to use up left over components on a limited run of rods.  

• Like 1

Hadn't paid much attention to that model but it does look very similar. Has a short butt and a split grip.

The Triumph X was 90-100 on Tackle Warehouse so if it is the same blank with more or less the same components, 65-75 bucks seems like a steal.

I'll be using it after work (if the rain holds out) to do a bit of worm/shiner fishing at a river on my drive home. Let you guys know