Sign in to follow this  
bowfisher11

Jon Boat Mods

I was given a 10'2" jon boat and it needs a bit of tlc. It has a small crack in the bottom and three of the four ribs across the bottom are broke. I am going to fix the ribs and the patch the hole and lay fiberglass in the bottom. I do tons of fishing on the river where i live and most of it consists of bowfishing and catfishing, but there is also a small lake i like to bass fish. I was really wanting to put a small deck on front that i can shoot my bow off of and possible a small like 2 gallon live well for bait. If anyone has any suggestion or info please let me know. thanks!

You might make a place where you can kneel and shoot from. I have a customized 10 ft gheenee Its like a cross between a jon boat and a canoe. I had them turn the front seat sideways so I can kneel in the front of the boat and still be sitting on the seat if I need to to shoot . I dont use a bow,but all my shots are no more than 2 yards the length of a bangstick. :) It also has a flip top on the seat for dry storage . It could be converted to a livewell

Here is a picture of the front seat and a 10 ft gator I got out of my little boat Its perfect to kneel from . This boat is stable enough I can stand up in while being pulled around by big gators

24qmjgw.jpg

Here is a better picture of the front seat It allows me to have more length on the floor of the boat also for fishing rods , gators etc.

nbby39.jpg