Sign in to follow this  
brgbassmaster

7 horse motor

hey guys just wondering if it is at all possible for a 7 horse motor to go upstream on the missouri river near omaha nebraska? thing is i wont be able to take my bass boat up there so we are taking out my brothers 14 ft jon boat. just wondering if it is at all possible.

Hi

Go south to Plattsmouth Ne. just a short drive south of Off. Air base on hwy 75. drive into plattsmouth and east of the down town area there is a bird habitat there. Drive around the north end to the Platte river. You may be able to slide the boat in there if the water is not too low. If not there is a ramp on the missouri river further east of town. As for a 7 horse I would stay on the Platte at the point it feeds into the Missouri.

Also check out some of the pits in Iowa all you have to do is drive south on Hwy 29 south of Council Bluffs to the Hwy 34 exit you'll see a lot of strip pits on either side of Hwy 29 on the way down.

You can also try Weeping Water Ne. and put in on the Platte River. Hwy 80 west to Hwy 50 and south to Weeping Water. There is a state Park there I think they have a boat ramp.

Tight lines.

Vic