Sign in to follow this  
brgbassmaster

changing bearings

just wondering how you guys go about changing your bearings when they go bad? i have a single axle trailer for my tracker and i know the seals are going bad also and the bearings havent been changed for awhile. how would i go about changing these out. i have read online but there are no exact instructions. and the seal is a rubber piece that you have to pry off to get to the bearings and also where would i get the parts for this?

Most auto parts stores stock the bearings and seals. you should change the races also. The races will need to be pressed out and in or with a brass punch. Do not use a steel punch as it will cause the race to swell creating a bad seat for the bearings and races. If you have never done it get someone to help you. If you do not know the correct way to pack the bearings with grease you will only ruin them. Get some one to help you the first time. It is an easy fix it you know the correct way to do it. Good luck

Cal me at 281 224-8853 and I will give you the directions. Will take way to much space to try to explain it here.

just wondering how you guys go about changing your bearings when they go bad? i have a single axle trailer for my tracker and i know the seals are going bad also and the bearings havent been changed for awhile. how would i go about changing these out. i have read online but there are no exact instructions. and the seal is a rubber piece that you have to pry off to get to the bearings and also where would i get the parts for this?

http://www.rd.com/17452/article17452.html

http://www.rverscorner.com/articles/bearing1.html