I just finished draining my last container of 2-stroke oil this past week into my motor's oil reservior and went on a search for two more on-gallon containers.

I looked up the local tackle shops and then made a comparison of the prices I noted.

What was surprising was Walmart. I walked around my local Walmart store early Saturday morning but could not find the marine oil I was seeking.

So I went home and got on the computer and looked upped the Walmart Internet page and found the oil for far less than any other outlets. I ordered two, one-gallon containers and to my surprise a message popped up stating that they were at my Sheila Lane Walmart and I could pick them up later that day at the express pickup area.

I took my email with my bar code to the store, walked in and went directly to the phone order area where I scanned the bar code. A message came on the screen telling me to push the "open cabinet door" link which I did and one of the cabinet doors swung open and the two, one-gallon containers of oil were there. I  removed them, closed the door and went to Aunt Annie's to get my wife a pretzel.

Never had a shopping experience so easy. I guess I am being pulled into the 21st Century slowly but surely.

Now to keep looking for those G. Loomis rods on the Walmart web site! :ok-wink: 

• Like 2

Walmart is good at selling things. 

• Thanks 1

I had stuck to Yamalube for years until I happened on to a bass boat site and a discussion on 2-stroke oils and there seem to be a lot of really knowledgeable guys on there discussing the science of 2-stroke oil technical information I had never read before.  The conversation got around to Pennzoil synthetic and I was surprised at how many of them used it in their big outboards and liked it.  I now use Pennzoil XLF in my 350 hour Yammie I learned about from their discussion since it is for higher hour engines and it runs with a lot less smoke.  Very reasonable at Walmart.

https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/products/other-oils-fluids-fuel/marine-outdoor-motorcycle-engine-oils/marine-older-engine-synthetic-oil.html#iframe=L3NvcHVzL3Blbm56b2lsLzIwMTZuZXdzbGV0dGVyLz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fdXM

• Thanks 1