GeekFisher

Fenwick to release a new Techna ?

I saw some new models that should ship end of July that were labeled Techna with full grips.

There is a bunch of casting and spinning models ! :)

Priced like the Aetos so it will either replace or complete it I'd guess.

Anyone else noticed that ? I don't plan on getting any additional rods but sure look to get my hand on these once they're available in store, out of curiosity 🙊

Awesome!

We can only hope!

If it's anything like the AV, anyone who needs a rod should really check them out. 

Mike

3 hours ago, Mike L said:

We can only hope!

If it's anything like the AV, anyone who needs a rod should really check them out. 

Mike

I still use two AVs and they still perform flawlessly

• Like 1

The Techna AV rods are "extremely" fast actions and I think a little "over" powered.  Of the five rods that have a place in my boat, 4 are Techna AV rods (two others have to stay home)... my top water rod is a softer Aetos.  I'm not expecting the new versions to have the same actions, but I hope I'm wrong...

oe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkobojiEagle said:

The Techna AV rods are "extremely" fast actions and I think a little "over" powered.  Of the five rods that have a place in my boat, 4 are Techna AV rods (two others have to stay home)... my top water rod is a softer Aetos.  I'm not expecting the new versions to have the same actions, but I hope I'm wrong...

oe 

Mines are both 6'6" MH/F and I feel they are right on the spot as my Aetos are. The new one might be a full grip Aetos?

They are now on their website with a new World Class as well :)

On 7/8/2019 at 5:22 PM, OkobojiEagle said:

oe 

After some off duty time for the Aetos and having to use my 2 pieces Techna for the season's beginning I finally think you are right about the Aetos being softer !

1 hour ago, GeekFisher said:

After some off duty time for the Aetos and having to use my 2 pieces Techna for the season's beginning I finally think you are right about the Aetos being softer !

Don't tell my wife I may have been accurate about anything!  Concerning the new Techna rods, I'll consider the jury "out" until they've been fished a little.  The new 3M material Fenwick will use in this blank could change the characteristics significantly.  

oe

• Haha 1